Crab Mentality  

Saturday, January 12, 2013


As life onboard the vessel I observed different kind of nationality including my nationality as Filipino. Even we have different color of skin and different kinds of traits we still work as one to lift up the word “safety” onboard. All of us want to finish our contract as one meaning zero accident too me and to other crew. Some of the crew onboard didn’t work out because of accident. Some died onboard the vessel like the previous chief cook from my previous vessel.
            In Filipino, we have on our Pilipino dictionary this word Crab mentality. As per our personal dictionary or as per our understanding the crab mentality is like when you put a crabs on a bucket this crabs will climb as fast as they can. If you observe the situation every crab want to get out on the bucket but the other crabs which on the bottom pull the other crabs on top. They don’t have team work and coordination. All they want are just to climb individually to escape. Anyway they are crabs, what in the world they can do the team work and coordination on escaping the bucket. But if we put the situation on humans because humans can think it will be awful and shame on us.
            Some of the vessel that I boarded has 98% Filipino onboard. I worked with Filipino crew and other nationality like Croatians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Indians, Indonesian, and Chinese. I though these word crab mentality will exist only on our country but I was wrong. Crab mentality exist even onboard the vessel or maybe when there are a Filipino on that area crab mentality will exist. I didn’t observed crab mentality on other foreign nationality. I don’t know why they put down or give negative to other Filipinos onboard. Even you do this crab mentality your salary will still the same? Maybe they do this attitude because they want there life onboard to be relax, or there work will be less but still its wrong. Filipino with crab mentality hates other Filipino with crab mentality. They destroy each other by talking dirty to others. If these 2 idiots face each other they are best of friends but if they didn’t see each other they talk that there’s no more tomorrow. I already experience that I was pin down by crab mentality Filipino. He can do that kind of stuff to me when I was a rating but situation chance. When I was become an officers he still do this stuff. He thinks he can still put me to trash but he was wrong. I give him a sting of my rank and he stops. Now, I’m still the one who is wrong but even I was wrong (on his mind only) I let him feel the worst but its legal not back fighter. I let him feel what he’s doing to other people. He is mad at me and that feeling is the same thing to other people that been fuck up including me when he do the idiot things that seem he though was correct. Forgive and forget is not the solution to this kind of human. He must feel the pain so that he will not do it again.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Crab Mentality

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster