Waiting.  

Friday, March 13, 2009


21 Feb 2009 it’s been 6,480 hours since I leave the Philippine for my next vessel assignment. I really love my job and I was looking forward to see more beautiful and fascinating wonders of the world “for free”. Almost 50 different places and countries that I’ve been already seen with my own eyes and felt the different kind of weather that I’ve never experience in my entire life at all and even the smooth and rough surface of the sea.

When we are in the middle of the ocean all I can see is the beautiful horizon of the ocean. Promise that we will be in a smooth and nice voyage. Beautiful sunset and sunrise are my favorite sightings when I am on watch at the bridge. Day dreaming while staring at the sunset looking forward to end my contract with no accident and come home with one piece. Before I go to bed all I was thinking, soon I’ll be home and I will be with my love one. Long distance relationship is very hard if you cannot handle it. It will just shatter and break your hearts if both partner miss understood on each other. Communication and trust on each other are the most important in long distance relationship even you are a thousand miles away. It will ease the loneliness and sadness of the one who is waiting if we say hi, hello, I miss you and I love you even for 2 to 3 minutes every other day or once a week. Sometimes they can’t understand the life of the seaman what can I say is just think very deep and you will realize that seaman don’t have a chance to live freely, no freedom. As we cast off from the port all communication and entertainments will be cut. No sending text message, no television, no FM radio, no mall no every thing but just a couple of meters on each side of the vessel. If I want to call to my love one, well I will use the most expensive phone aboard the ship. I don’t care if it’s expensive at all. All i want is to hear the voice of love and tell her that I am safe here and don’t worry.

My most favorite port that I’ve been is the West 2 and East 8 of Mailiao Taiwan. This port’s are far from the city but you can moor the ship just an hour. There are business mans who aboard the ship and they sell electronics. I bought 500 gigabytes Fujitsu External drive hard disk and automatic blood pressure. It cost me USD 190 for this 2 things and unluckily they don’t have the small 8.9 inch Asus laptop in English windows xp. They have the Chinese version of Windows xp and it cost 350 USD 160 gigabyte hardisk and 1 gigabyte DDR2 ram. There agent Have this usb wifi that you can surf the web and it was so fast you can download a huge size file in just a couple of minutes. For only 5 USD you can surf the net unlimited till your vessel is in there port. If you have your own laptop you are lucky because you can surf inside of your respective cabins.

(Back to main topic) As I surf the net I decide to look at my wifey’s friendster and I was touch to her because of one of her pictures. She’s looking at the sea and the caption is I’m waiting for my hubby. Another picture was she’s pointing on the big world map in Caribbean Sea and the caption is this” this is my hubby’s position right now”. All I want to say is don’t worry wifey I’ll be home soon…


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Waiting.

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster