Itinerary to Baguio City  

Saturday, March 16, 2013


On 2300hrs 21-February-2013, I woke up to prepare our things for our Baguio tour. It’s Flower festival or Panagbenga Festival in Baguio city and I’m excited on it.  This is my first time to go in Baguio and my wife told me that in Baguio the Temperature there is quite cold.
It’s a quite raining in manila and I’m hoping that when we arrive in Baguio there is no rain. We finish preparing our things about 0100 hrs 22-February-2013. Its makes difficult for me to fix my Mountain bike at the back of our car because of rain. Preliminary check was done in my car for a long drive to Baguio. GPS was set to Burnham Park because our hotel was located there. I review the waypoint and we will be using the kenon Road. Approximate distance from our house to burnham park (according to our GPS) approximately 296km.
I used SLEX, C5, and then out to Megamall to escape from terrifying buses from EDSA. Then enter NLEX then SCTEX. The rain wont stop even were already in Tarlac. We make our first stopover to Urdaneta Caltex gasoline station. From there we stop for 30 minutes to relax.

From Urdaneta Caltex gasoline station we continue our journey to Baguio. About 0600hrs on 22 Feburary 2013 we arrived on Kenon road tollgate. They said kenon road are very stiff and dangerous that’s why I prefer to drive slow. About 40km/hr Max speed and 2 hand on the wheel. While transiting The Kenon road I have strict presence of mind applied. Luckily I have a GPS and its advantage that I can see the road in advance. I don’t have video going up to kenon road but I have going down. You can see in the video that on GPS you can already see the other side of the road.
We saw some beautiful views especially the waterfalls. I look for a spot to stop the car and make some picture taking.













We also saw the Lion and stop for a quiet a while to take some pictures .



We arrived in Hotel near burnham park about 0900hrs 22-Feb-2013. I don’t want to mention the name of the hotel because it not a good hotel. If there is a chance to transfer to another hotel I will not hesitate to do it. As of now all hotels are fully book so there’s nothing to do but accept the hotel that we reserved a week ago. Before we arrived here in Baguio we already plan our trip to Baguio but before that I would like to take a nap for a couple of hours.




1300hrs 22-Feb-2013 we start to roam around in baguio and do as per scheduled plan. We first proceed to Baguio Cathedral (if your using GPS you can use my coordinates) GPS PSN 16-24.752N / 120-35.902E. We arrived there about 30 minutes.






As per experience its not advisable to do the tour in Baguio when flower festival season (from Friday to Sunday) because you will just be disappointed. It’s just a more or less km away from the destination but you will experience traffic an hour or more. There too much people roaming around on Baguio city. So it’s advisable to just concentrate from the flower festival not roaming around. We Stay from Baguio cathedral about 30 minutes because of traffic that we’ve experienced. Next destination is The Botanical Garden GPS PSN 16-24.938N / 120-36.867E. While we are on Botanical Garden our President in our club called me and told me if I have time I can proceed to Burnharm Park office of panagbenga to get out I.D pass for the Flower festival on Saturday and Sunday. After we get the I.D pass we immediately proceed to the mansion and wright park (GPS PSN 16-24.733N / 120-37.283E & 16-24.888N / 120-37.156E ).     




It’s already dark so we go back to hotel and call it a day.  Our plan is to have a dinner in a native restaurant. We walk around the burnham park but suddenly we forget where’s the location of the restaurant but we ended in the middle of the burnham park and eat ihaw ihaw.





Then we walk around the Burnham Park We saw a Chinese restaurant just north of our hotel. The prices are very cheap and the chows are delicious





After we finish eating our dinner we go back to hotel and hit the bed.
            23-Feb-2013 at 0500hrs alarm clock sounded. We bring our own electric water pot for our coffee and noodles. 0630hrs we walk to the area for the hobbyist for photo walk. We are located in front of Jollibe.


Here are some pics from Street dance. 
      Click this for Street Dance pictures


The parade finished about 10am in the morning and before we go back to hotel we eat our early lunch in yellow cab.


Our plan are to see the camp john hay, tamawan village, Lourdes grotto, and oh my gulay. But because of over crowded place and every road in the area have a 1 to 2 hours traffic we just visited Mines view park GPS PSN 16-25.773N / 120-37.636E.






























and Lourdes Grotto GPS PSN 16-24.574N / 120-34.836E. 







We finish at 8pm and decided to have a dinner to SM Baguio whichever restaurant we picked up.  We return to hotel about 2300hrs and call it a day for tomorrow’s photo shot for flower festival. 
      We arrive on the new area for the hobbyist photographers around 0700hrs in the morning .
 
Click this for Float Parade Pics..
The parade finished about 1000hrs. Our check out on hotel around 1300hrs so we still have time to go to market to buy strawberries and other things.



1300 hrs we arrived on hotel to check out. I set up my GPS to destination Isdaan Tarlac. As we go out from the basement parking from the hotel to the entrance of kenon road we consume 1 hour. I felt sorry from one of the rider who got hit by  van. Going down from baguio is very traffic then going up was a freeway. One of the rider counter flow as fast he can. Then after a minute there is a sound BAG!! He was hit by an urvan, which is slowly joining the road going baguio. The rider with one girl passenger crash down and the ankle of the girl was hurt. The urvan driver went down and said to rider are you ok? Ang bilis bilis mo kasi eh at counter flow kapa. Dapat nag slow down ka lang kasi counter flow ka tapos pababa pa ang daan.
            We arrive in Isdaan tarlac about 8pm for 23th Feb 2013 with a GPS PSN 15-35.593N / 120-36.604 E. I really love there sinigang na baboy and pinaputok na tilapia. I wish I could go back there because they have excellent food, excellent service, and excellent place.







   
We hit the road again around 2300hrs and arrived in our home about 0100hr of 25th feb 2013. 


   




























AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Itinerary to Baguio City

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster