Mother: The Greatest Person on Earth  

Sunday, May 11, 2008

I was browsing for a song in imeem when I accidentally read the story of Madel and her mother.. I couldn’t help not to cry upon reading her story. Take time to read this and learn from her experience before it’s too late.

For the first time, allow me to thank you for all the love that you have given me especially when I was a child, sickly and difficult. I remember you coming from your factory work, dead tired, but you still managed to go to the market, cooked and cared for me. I always saw you because I was just there playingwith my friends. I saw you coming home with vegetables and fish which, when cooked, I ate a sour face becauseI wanted something more delicious. I don’t remember the day without a single complaint about you or about the life that we lived. But I also do not remember any word of gratitude from me for all that you were doing for us. My other brothers and sisters tried their best to help you. Thy sold things and engaged themselves even in contractual jobs to help you survive the family. It was hard not having a father around. I could still remember the day when he left us for another woman. You were trying to be brave, you talked to each one of us with the appeal to make things work out and do our best to keep the rest of us together. The family became incomplete without Tatay, but you tried to serve as mother and father. You were there to make a family among us. You were never bitter; you were never hard on us. But you were so hard on yourself in terms of not having even a little luxury of buying a new blouse for you. You always bought things for us first. And there I was, still complaining because I wanted more expensive things for me. And yet, you did not express any hurt feelings even if I knew that deep inside you were crying. You encouraged us to go to school, like my other brothers and sisters who were working students. I refused vehemently, I just wanted to hang around and have an easy life. I was lazy. Probably, I did not know what goodness was because I did not know how to be grateful. I wanted a better life but did not like to work for it. A month ago, you came home chilling with fever from forced overtime work. I attended to youfor a while but went back across the street where I was playing basketball with friends. I hardly looked at you when you were there lying in one corner of he house. After four days of sickness, you got up and prepared for work. I did not even ask if you were already well. I did not even help you carry the pail of water for your bath. You went back to work just to come back home in the evening pale and almost without life. You did not like to go to the doctor. You said the money that we had was for my next semester, in case I want to enroll for school. You said that you will be alright. The next day, you did not get up. My older sister cooked breakfast. Afterwards, she asked me to see if you were already awake. As I approached you, there was a strange feeling. You were sleeping quietly. Very quiet. I looked at you and you were lying down calmly and peacefully. As I got near you, I felt a pounding on my chest. For the first time, I prayed for you, that God will open your eyes and say the usual morning greetings to me with loving reminder that I should eat my breakfast on time. With bended knees I touched you, called you, but you did not seem to hear,I embraced you but you did not seem to feel. I whispered to you that I wanted to take care of you but no response at all. Deep within me, I knew why you cannot hear, speak, or feel me anymore. All I saw was a body, with a face that was calm but still could not hide the pains and struggles of a woman who tried her best to give us a family inspite of her limitations. As you lie down in peace before we bring you to your final rest, I would like to tell you, for the first time how grateful I am to you for being a mother to me, for giving us a taste of a family. Thank you for all the love that you have given me and us all. For the first time, I want to tell you I LOVEYOU and THANK YOU. The sad thing is that it does not matter anymore whether it is my first or last time to say those words to you… WISH YOU COULD HEAR ME say those words to you, wish I was able to say them to you a long time ago… NANAY, I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH, AND THANKYOU..

A mother’s love is something that is very, very special. It is something that no one can really explain. It's something that is made up of much deep devotion, joy, pain and sacrifice.
It is endless and unselfish and it endures whatever may come. It is full of hopes, dreams, tears and pleasure. Nothing can ever destroy it or take that special love away.
It is very patient and forgiving.
A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment to selflessness.
More often than not, it requires much more giving than receiving.
But it is something that is given with delight, gratitude, enthusiasm and much satisfaction.
A Mother's love never fails or falters even though the heart is breaking.
It is always believing when all the rest of the world is condemning
A Mother's love is a splendor miracle that man cannot understand.
For it has no beginning or no end.

I would like to acknowledge Ms. Madel for allowing me to post her story. Happy mother's day to my mom, mama lolita and to all mothers on earth. Thank you for the unconditonal love, sacrifices and support you continually give us eversince we were a child...♥

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster