Mother's day celebration  

Sunday, May 11, 2008


A very special day to celebrate for our mother’s who give life on this earth. Without them we will be nothing. They take care of us in her womb for 9 months. She’s always there for us in good and bad days. She knows what we want and what we need. On this day, we must give our mother thanks for what she’s done to us.

As I take my profession as a seaman.. To tell you the truth, I’m just like a living dead. Yup I know that we have a high salary and we can get what we’ve want the exchange for the high salary is our freedom to be our love ones. It’s a hard time to us thinking for celebration on special days. It depends on our vacation to celebrate a special moments to our love ones. Almost all of our life, time and effort we give it to our work. Valentines, Birthday, Anniversaries etc. we are on board the ship working for our family to give them a better and bright future. We don’t care of the celebration, we only care for what we have to do, on what is the purpose that we are on board the ship.

Time is gold.. Few weeks left and I will be leaving my house and go back to work on board the ship. It’s been 11 months that I’ve been disembark MT Maple Express to have my vacation and fix some important matters. It’s Mother’s day and luckily I’m here in the Philippines. As a payment from my absent on last mother’s day me and my sister plan for a surprise for out mother. First plan is we will buy 1 dozen roses for our mother but I think we already give flowers to our mother last valentine’s day. Second plan is we will buy a cake but I think there is no effort on just buying a cake. We need a type of gift that we will be doing efforts. Then we made up for a right plan and that plan is to cook spaghetti. My mother teaches me to cook spaghetti when I was on college. I master it so that I can use it if I like to eat spaghetti even I’m away from them. 0900hrs in the morning I go to the market to buy the ingredients on our spaghetti. My mother asked that what in the world are we planning and I told my mother that I will cook spaghetti because it’s mother day. We are lucky because I’m here in the Philippines. Last mother’s day I was aboard the ship. Ngaun lang ako babawi then my mother smiled at me.

I prepare all my ingredients to cook the spaghetti that my mothers teach me few years ago. She looks at me and asks if I needed help I told to my mother its ok I know how to cook this. I remember all that you’ve teach me before. After a few hours of wrestling in the kitchen I’ve finish my spaghetti and we eat it together happily. My mother told me that I already know how to cook the spaghetti. Pwede na daw magasawa hehehe!!. Then I told them that 2 years pa and someday we can celebrate again the mother’s day if I can have my vacation that will be exact on the date of the mother’s day celebration.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Mother's day celebration

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster