Martial Arts  

Thursday, April 23, 2009





Since I was a kid I really love martial arts. I love them because they make me strong and healthy on my everyday life. I use it on my protection (if any bugger will hurt me). When I’m going to my martial arts class it helps me to burn fats to be on my physically fit body.

When I was on first year high school my father enroll me in martial arts class. Before the very famous martial art was the taekwondo because they are using only there feet and they have plenty cool moves. My father enrolls me in karate class “shotokan karate-do”. I really like the taekwondo but we’re already there in karate-do dojo so I agree to enroll. On my first day I was on the observation mode. I observe my entire class mate and higher belts how they execute there steps and there moves. A very fast execution from punch and kick’s and they are happy to teach me there knowledge in there executions. I’m having difficulties on how to kick a round house. I don’t have a background on any martial arts. There punches are simple but very dangerous. I practice my kicks and punches even when I’m home. In four years struggling and repeating technique to be efficient and precise I became a black belter. Having this belt is a responsible sensei and student to your juniors and higher rank belts. New challenge and new technique will be applied to me. There are times that you will have a karate lesson and all of us are black belts. Mastering the new technique applied to us by our senior’s. After a month or being a black belter I ask permission to my master that I will study college far from our dojo. I can’t come back for a long time to see my seniors and juniors. My master understands my situation and allows me to leave. When I was on my new school there’s a taekwondo class and I join happily. This is my dream martial arts especially the jumping and spinning fancy kicks. It was very hard to learn all there kicks. It was different from my karate-do. All of our kick’s in karate was a basic kick only and very fast. Not like in taekwondo you must give all you powers on every kicks to knock down the opponents.

After 5 years my class mate in karate text me and she already on going training for 2nd Dan black belt. I was impress that she stayed too long in the dojo. I already graduated on college and its more difficult schedule for me. First priority is my job and 2nd is my free time. Sometimes I don’t have any free time or a holiday for my self. I want to practice martial arts but I don’t have time. I take self training but it’s useless on me. My movements are different as of now. From karate-do it was mixed by taekwondo. When I was watching on youtube I see the Muay beats the taekwondo and karate-do. I observe the movement of the Muay Thai and it was extra ordinary from my technique. More powerful and fully guarded stance. As my research in the Internet Muay thai was the deadliest Martial arts in UFC fights because of there sharp kick’s, elbow and knee strikes. I decided to enroll on Muay Thai class and I see the deferent’s on every move, every stance, and executions. More difficult on my part but I really love to learn and I learned this martial arts. The counter part of Muay Thai was the Yaw Yan and I want to know what's the reason from it is. I searched for Yaw Yan dojo near from our home but unfortunately I didn’t found any Yaw Yan dojo. After couples of months I saw a Yaw Yan dojo near from our home. I enroll in Yaw Yan dojo and maestro explains some Yaw Yan moves. It was a new challenge for me to take these martial arts. You can saw the moves are more dangerous especially on ground fight.

First day on my training I was on a hard time on the new moves. All fights was on the ground and as I observed that all are difficult and much more brutal moves. When I’m watching UFC fights some of there lock on the ground like the arm bar. There are no escape from the arm bar and the fighter will tap just to finish there fight. On my Yaw Yan lesson I was so amaze that even in arm bar lock you can easily escape. On every lock they have a technique to unlock it. Even in the worst scenarios they can escape on just a seconds making the luck of your opponent will be on your side. As of now I’m learning some ground technique and it was difficult on first try but when you practice it and love the technique it will be easy as a wind blows.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Martial Arts

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster