Mute  

Friday, April 3, 2009


It was April 2, 2009 at 8:00 pm, my sister and I were going home at that time. We’ve been in SM South mall working out everyday just too loose weight. I always give her money because she is the one who gives our fare to the driver. Then suddenly when we rode a Pedi cab, I noticed that my sister was pointing outside. It’s just like she was instructing the Pedi cab driver where we want to go. Then I asked my sister, hey! What are you doing?! I just told her, just tell him where we want to go and that’s it. Then my sister told me brother the Pedi cab driver is mute. Then how did you know that the Pedi cab driver is mute? Then my sister pointed the writing in front of us. (pipi ako! Pakituro nalang Kung saan lugar kayo pupunta. Paki, kalabit nalang Kung kayo ay bababa na!!). I’m a mute just point the direction whenever you want to go, just touch my shoulder if you want to stop. Then I really could not believe that our driver is a mute and I observed the driver for a moment and it's real.

Nowadays when you do not move or find a job you will be killed by hunger. On his part, being mute or a speechless guy is not a better situation for him. Despite of disability to speak, he is still struggling to help his family. The mute pedicab driver did not look at his disability as distraction, rather he find ways how he can be helpful. He can still work as a Pedi cab driver and he is doing something worthwhile for his life. He is indeed a responsible man. Not like other people, for instance, my neighbor who is a father of 3 kids and the wall of the family. As I observed to him he is not working. All his doing is to drink beer every day and night. His wife is the one who produces money and food for them. Taking laundry to our neighbors, cleaning houses, and selling Avon products just to help her family. It’s a bad example to his kids and soon when his kids grow old, they will imitate their father's behavior. Not like the mute guy even he is mute, he is still doing something just to help his family.

Because of global financial crisis or recession, some big companies are closing because of bankruptcy. Hundred of workers around the world lost there jobs. They just sit in there respective houses and do nothing. They are thinking deeply that they lost their jobs. They can’t pay there expenses without their jobs. Just imagine the mute guy, he has solved the world crisis on his own. Mute guy can’t work in a good company but he can work in a small type basis just to earn, just to live, just to eat three times a day.




AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Mute

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster