Fitter's Birthday  

Monday, November 3, 2008

June 20,2008 location North Atlantic Ocean going to Canada (ETA June 28,2008 0730 hrs). We celebrated Fitter's birthday on board Ruby Express. We set up the location (ratings day room) for the celebration. Of course Filipino style celebration from Beer’s, pulutan and entertainment (videoke).
On the first hour of drinking all of us were shy and didn’t like to sing but the electrician was not yet full he always grab the microphone and sing at the top of his voice. The crew were being called by the celebrant in their respective cabins. After 2 hours of drinking (wifey I hope you understand that this is a celebration and I must drink. I really want to send e-mail to ask for permission but the e-mail here aboard ship was jammed and corrupt). The crowds were getting heated because of beer. Few of the crews are now singing. The height of electrician is 4 feet only and he is too small that you can carry him in just one hand. Then the electrician was already drunk and he's now the mc of the party. He gave the microphone to the ordinary seaman but the OS didn’t sing so he just told the OS (if you don’t sing I will tell chief mate that you will wash paint the anchor). All of us laughed to the electrician. Then he gave 2nd chance to the OS if he will not sing he will wash paint the propeller. All of us were laughing on what electrician have said to the OS and the OS sang because he was afraid to wash paint the propeller hehehe. The OS started to sing and he has a nice voice on slow rock singing. The electrician was shocked that the OS has a golden voice.
While the OS was singing, this electrician grabbed the purser and he wanted to dance (a sweet dance) to the purser. The purser insisted to dance and the electrician grabbed again another crew from the party. We were so happy in the party because of our electrician. The OS finished singing and the electrician get the mike and announced that ok carry on you will not wash paint but you will just stand by out side (radio check). He told it to the chief mate (chief ok na di na magwawash paint radio check nalang sya hehehehe). The motorman wanted a duet to the electrician and the electrician agreed. The motorman used the shout voice singing walang tono basta kanta ng kanta at sigaw ng sigaw. We were laughing to dead when the motorman sang. He sang 3 songs straight and he just used the shout with no tones hehehe. After a couple of songs the electrician pointed out on me and told me that cadet! You must sing but if you don’t want to sing you will wash paint the anchor and the electrician look to chief mate and smile. I sing please forgive me by Brian Adams. I know how to sing especially when I am drunk. I started singing and the crowd said wow cadet have a nice voice in ballad songs. The electrician grabbed again some crew to dance with him. He noticed our Indonesian crew mate and pointed GP Martas to dance with him. I finished the song and the crowd clapped there hands and the purser told to me that before almost the engine departments are good in singing but now the deck holds the title. Many of deck crews know how to sing.
I’m already full at 7 can of beer (Dutch royal from Ventspils Latvia). I want to go to my cabin but the electrician always look at me and asked me if where will I go when I'm going out in dayroom. I told electrician (our bouncer) I will just go to the toilet to pee. I closed the door and ran quickly in my cabin (c deck 4th floor). I must be strong and alert tomorrow because we will be having deck work tomorrow morning.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Fitter's Birthday

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster