Nice cool day  

Monday, November 3, 2008

I woke up 0700 (my usually wake up time). As I prepare my self to go to bridge I decided to eat first my breakfast in the mess hall. My friends OS called me hello 3rd how are you and I replied I’m not yet a 3rd made I’m still a cadet wwweeeee!!!! Then we all laugh. I check my e-mail in cargo control room and I saw that I have plenty messaged and I decided to read it after my duty. I just reply to the message of my wifey and run quickly to bridge to have my duty.
3rd mate teach me some paper work about drills, inventory of life saving appliances and correction in light list and radio lists. I write all that he lectures to me because this will help me when 3rd mate will go home in New York. We receive some navigational warning about Ice berg in premises approaching Canada and the 3rd mate plot it in our chat. In our tour of duty of 3rd mate teaches me every thing what a 3rd mate doing in the ship. I was lucky that he teaching me everything what I want and he was lucky too because If I will not relieved him in his position he will not go home in New York. It’s a give and take situation for us. After my duty I ask Purser if I can have iridium load and he give me some load. I call my mama and papa to tell them my good news and they are happy to me that I already achieve what I want and my dream. My papa told me that he already sends what I want and to the reliever for 2 Able seamen. I told my papa that the ship need extreme magic sing and the ship will pay the expenses for the magic sing. My papa agrees to buy the magic sing and he will buy asap because my reliever (New cadet) will join in New York.
1500 hours I join 3rd mate to check all the life jacket and immersion suits. I told him that there are some life jackets lights will be expired in 2009. 3rd mate told me that that’s fine you will be in charge of it because I will go home in New York hehehehe. We just laugh and continue the inspections of life jacket and immersion suits. I feel comfortable from now on because it relaxing to be an officer. I know there are many paper works especially when purser will go home. I will take over all his paper works. At least I will not be under the sun the while day and I will not be getting wet outside when there is a bad weather.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Nice cool day

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster