: Lack of professionalism  

Monday, November 3, 2008

Every human being have there own professionalism that build up there discipline and attitude. Discipline is everything especially in human relationship. We all know that if a person finishes college degree or not our attitude change step by step in our age development. Some people improve and some are not. Some improve there skills some are getting worst. There is one thing about professionalism and that is to adjust your mental and physical attitude to make a good harmonious relationship.
When I get my license as deck officer my attitude change and I try to be in the track of being an officer. I want to be a good deck officer in my work and especially in human relationship onboard the ship. Human relationship are very important onboard the ship. You must adjust your feeling and patience everyday to be in the right track. That’s what I’m doing now to be adjusted in different feeling, attitude, and patience of my crew mates. My life is different now and it will continue till I sail the ship. I will command my fellow crewmates (ratings) and sometime we must have a talk session so that we can improve our work onboard the ship. It’s not just when you are an officer you are in charge of all. Listen to the feedback of you crew mates (ratings) and you will find a new idea to make you work faster and safer. Just remember 2 heads are better than 1 head. The more who think and give a good idea to your work the more it will be better and good at all the times.
Some officer don’t use there professionalism but they become greedy because of the power of authority to command. They just command and don’t listen to comments and feedback of there subordinates. He doesn’t think that his subordinates need rest for a period of time. He just gives job orders and he wants to finish it as quickly as possible without thinking that the job order will be finish in a long time basis. He tells his subordinates to extend time working (overtime) but when the subordinates pass there excess overtime the officer don’t want to sign it because the excess overtime of his subordinates exceed.” Ang tinatapos sa barko ay ang kontrata hindi ang trabaho. Pagtapos mo sa prowa mangatok at mamintura at papaunta ka ng pupa pagtapos mong mangatok at mamintura sa pupa yung nakatukan mo at napinturahan sa prowa ay tutubo ulit ang kalawang. Of course the subordinates list and take note all his overtime to have more money. He Sacrifice for his love ones and rest just to have money. The officer wants his subordinates work for overtime till they exceed but in times of signing there excess overtime he don’t like to sign it. We are here in the ship for work not for free work in tagalong “nagtatarabaho sila para bayaran sila ng tama at hinding hindi na magtratrabaho sila para maging libre ang trabaho”.
Sometimes I was abuse because my senior officer aboard the ship call me too early for my bridge watch (8pm) and he will tell me that he will do something. He can do extra job when his off duty not during duty. What is the essence of being a senior officer in deck if he can’t use his power and rank in a proper Ways. We have our own work aboard the ship and sometimes if I’m off duty I will do my extra jobs and I don’t do my extra jobs while on duty and ask my mates to take over my duty. We must apply the professionalism and don’t abuse the power of our stripe in our shoulder.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ : Lack of professionalism

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster