Nice day  

Monday, November 3, 2008

June 24, 2008 at 0700 hrs somebody call me in my cabin. I crab the phone and say hello but the caller drop the phone and I just wonder why he call at 0700 hrs. Actually 0700 hrs is my wake up time and my alarm clock is set in 0700 hrs. I hit the shower and prepare my self to take my break fast. OS Javier was there eating his break fast and he told me that he doesn’t like to ring him in 0700 hrs because he knows how to wake up early and they not need to wake him up.
The pump man was there too and he told us that we must finish the 1 wing and fore peak tank till 1700 hrs So that they will not give any additional work if we finish early. I agree to pump man what he told us. We tell the 4 Indonesian (general purpose rating) that we will clean the ballast tank till 1700 hrs. They agree to our plan and we set all our equipments to clean the ballast tank immediately. Nice weather for today good for working on deck. We see our captain walking around the deck and we whispered yesterday he want all the deck rating to work on deck even there is a bad weather but we cannot see him walking around the deck. He’s just inside the Bridge watching us and while he is watching us yesterday he was laughing just like the devil. For now it’s a good weather and he just ordered to us that we will work till 1700 hrs. We cannot understand our captain what he really wants to us. We finish cleaning ballast tank including the securing of our equipment 1700 hrs. After eating our dinner we can now proceed to our respective cabin and do what ever we like. Watching movies, playing video games, drinking etc, etc this is the life of a seaman inside of his cabin.
At last our crew e-mail is already fixed and we can now receive our private e-mails. I was so happy because I receive e-mail from my Wifey and my sister. My Wifey are worried because I didn’t send e-mail to her few days ago but she understand that our e-mail jammed in the past few days. I ask Purser if he already have Iridium Load and luckily he told me that he already had a load and he will give it to me later. $20 US dollars equivalent to 18 minutes and it’s enough for a seaman who really want to call in the middle of the sea. Money is nothing the important is we can call our love ones. It’s really eases my home sick when I heard my Wifey’s voice. While I’m calling her I was really happy talking to her even in a short time. Telling her that wait for me and I love her very much. I told her that always takes care of her self and I’m always thinking of her every day and every night. He told me that after I finish calling her I must call my parent so that they will be not worried to me. Napakabait ng wifey ko at naisip nya na tawagan ko ang parents ko. I was blessed to have my Wifey on my life.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Nice day

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster