First Starbucks experience  

Sunday, February 24, 2008


I remember when I board my vessel assignment when I was a cadet. That was November 2003. My Captain was a Croatian and he wants to buy something outside the port. Where are in New jersey that then. He asks me if I'd like to come with him to go ashore. I told to my captain that I have my duty sir. He asks to me what time is your duty. I told to my captain that 0400 hrs. To 0800 hrs. And 1600 hrs. to 2000 hrs. So my captain told me we will go ashore after my duty in the morning. We will leave the vessel at 0900 hrs so you can prepare your self. I agreed to my captain that I will come and join him to go ashore in New Jersey. I told to my self wow New Jersey cool! I can go shopping there and see how beautiful this place. Because of the 9/11 in New York, all of the ports on that area agreed to the US coast guard that all ship personnel are not allowed to go ashore because of some security matter. But in our position the port in New Jersey allowed us to go ashore. With the supervision of the US coast guard.
I finish already my duty and i quickly prepared my self because I and my captain will go ashore. Then my captain called me because we will now go ashore. My captain planned to go to mall which we can go shopping. We have an agreement that we will be at the meeting point after 3 hours to shopping and go where ever we want. I always go to gadget's stuff coz I'd like to buy laptop in the states. Laptops in the states are very cheap and affordable. I'd go to ipod shop and look what’s new in ipod after that I just walk around the mall and have fun.
3 hours had passed I've already proceed to the meeting point. My captain told me that we must eat first before we go back to the ship. Then my captain told me how about we go to star bucks. I told to my self huh star bucks??? amm that’s very expensive coffee and I'm not a sosyalero type guy to have a coffee there. Any way i just agreed to my captain that i want to have a coffee libre kasi eh hehehe. Then he ordered a coffee a pure one for him and i have a coffee with milk. I sip the coffee and wow its taste great and its very cheap price too. When i have a time on port I always buy a coffee on star bucks. Here in the Philippines I'm not a star bucks coffee person. 3 in 1 are enough for me but if I'm in the states totally a star bucks person ako. Because it’s so affordable not like here in the Philippines sobrang mahal. In Los Angeles if you want a star bucks coffee naka vent machine lang sa port office. So you can have a star buck’s coffee any time.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster