I won Laban O Bawi May 3,2002  

Saturday, February 16, 2008


May 3, 2002 I won in Laban o bawi in channel 7. I was an avid fan of GMA 7 eat bulaga. The longest running noontime show in t.v in the Philippines. I always watch eat bulaga in TV when I decided to watch it live in Broadway. It took me 2 hours ride to get there. At first I can't enter the studio because there are many people who want to watch inside the Broadway. So the technique is to be there early as 6 am. The noon time show starts at 12pm but you must be there at 6 am to go inside the studio. At 10am all audience will be enter the studio. I watch eat bulaga live and it was so exciting because you will see Vic, Joey and the gang live. I was thinking that how I can join the laban o bawi contest. I ask the guard on how to join the laban o bawi the guard told me that you must have a picture and a piece of paper. Write you name, address, telephone number, birthday and signature. Monday I go back to studio and bring my 13 pieces entry to laban o bawi. I just throw my entries on there box on that day. After that i was so busy playing counter strike. Thursday i thought that i like to watch eat bulaga on TV. I turn on the TV and switch the channel to eat bulaga. They are now reading who will be playing in Friday (that's may 3,2002). While they are reading the Number 9 contestant they told my name and address. First of all i don't believe what they just read my name and address in TV. But i looked again and my name and address was publishing on television. I so happy on that day I'm so happy that i tell my mom that i was picked and play in laban o bawi. My mom told me that are you sure that you are going to win in that game show? I just keep my mouth shut and leave the area.
I leave in Las pinas at about 6 am to join the laban o bawi. The uniform for the game was orange t shirt. I wear the orange t shirt when i arrived in the studio. I was so cold and nervous inside the studio. Then one of the contestants told us that when she won the jackpot she will give us 200 pesos each. Then everyone agree to that deal. Then the girl told me that do you agree to that agreement if you win the jackpot? I told her no problem but the problem is do i win the game show? The time has come to play the laban o bawi game show in channel 7 (eat bulaga). I was number 9 on the contestant, contestant number 7, 8, 9 was asked by Joey Deleon. Joey Deleon asked to us Anung C ang?? (The question is not yet finish but i know what the answer is so I press the button to answer but number 8 buzzer first. She answers camias Joey Deleon replied that is wrong. Then the 7 buzz then answer. Joey Deleon asked what the answer. Number 7 told joey that the answer is kamatis. Joey replied that is wrong again. Then joey told me that he will repeat the question but i replied no i know that is the answer. Then Joey replied REALLY??? YOU know the answer??? Ok tell me? The answer is Cactus. Then Joey paused for a seconds and he was shocked and tell to veryone that's the right answer cactus!! Orland you are correct!! I jump for joy, and ran yahoo!!. In the 2nd round Joey read the question for us three contestant.. Sino ang tatlong pari..... Then one of my opponents answers gonzales. Joey said nope, wrong then the other buzz to answer. Damaso!! Joey repleid wrong again. Then Joey want to repeat the question but i told him that its ok for me to not repeat the answer. The answer is Borgus... The audience applause because i got the right answer. Then joey asks me what is the spelling? I told him the B U R G O S.. Then Joey replied your answers are correct but the spelling is wrong and all audience laugh at me, Next question Joey De leon said who is the eddie then my opponent buzz for the answer. She told Joey that the answer is prerigrena, the answer is wrong so i have the chance to still. Then i steal by buzzing it quickily i answered its Eddie Garcia. Joey repeated Eddie Garcia is correct!!! So i jump again for joy because i got the write answer.
Round 3! my opponent was a old woman... I think that if the question is for old people im dead but i have a chance to buzz move quickly because I'm young. So joey and vic sotto Read the answer to us. What planet..... ( I told to my self the question is for young ones i have the advantage to win this game). Where Bat...... i buzz quickly and answered it loudly the answer is Earth!! Then joey repeate the question... What planet batman lives earth is is correct. WOooow i shout for joy because i was the winner of laban o bawi and to have a priviledge to get the one million jackpot.
Vic Sotto and Allan k was the one who will ask me if i will laban ba o bawi na. Vic Sotto told be 20,000 peso laban or bawi i told Vic that Laban!! then Vic post for a second and crack some jokes. Orland i will give you 30,000 pesos Laban o Bawi?? I shout Laban!! 60,000 Pesos laban o bawi??? I told Vic laban!! Then Vic open slowly the box and I'm so afraid to loose so i answered bossing ok ok i will bawi na. Then Vic open the box and the prize is 10 pesos lucky for me that i tell them bawi so i earn 60,000 pesos on just 30 minute in Eat bulaga.
That's my unforgettable experience on noon time show EAT BULAGA CHANNEL 7...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster