Memorable Stay in Glodenco Dormitory.  

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Glodenco Dormitory hmmm I wish I can stay there again. I have memorable and unforgettable experience in that dorm. I meet different people who will take different Board exam to be successful in there lives. To have a license in your career you must take a board exam to the PRC so you can use your profession as per requirement. On my profession which is Marine deck officer in short SEAMAN. We must take a board exam to be an officer on board in foreign and local vessels. To be a captain of the ship, you must take 3 board exams. The first board exam will be the position of 3rd officer. A 3rd officer is the lowest rank officer in deck department. We are in charge in Safety equipments and paper work in port. Of course you must know to navigate the ship by yourself. That’s a deck officer, then after a year of experiencing to be a 3rd officer you can upgrade your rank to be a 2nd officer the navigation officer. He is in charge on doing the way points correction of the charts and he is the medical officer on board. After a year of experience to be a 2nd officer you can now take your next board exam which is the Chief Officer examination. Chief Officer has 3 stripes on his shoulder board. The 2nd highest in command in deck department. He is the cargo officer and he is the one who's in charge of the care and condition of the cargo. He is also the one who is in charge in deck maintenance. He passes the command on the foreman of the ship which is the bosun, the highest rank rating in deck department. So before you can be a captain you must all be to that rank.


We are one happy big family! When there are celebrations for birthdays we contribute and surprise the celebrant. We are brothers and sisters here in the dorm even we don't know much all of us because we are busy to our reviews. Sometime we have a time out to our review and we talk and talk and talk. Cracking some jokes and makes a silly thing. Like one of our dorm mate see a mice and he shout out load like a macho like this..... Ahhhhh daga! daga! pare daga while he is hugging one of the dorm mate. We laugh like a hell likes there’s no tomorrow. Sometimes we eat together on one table and telling some story about there life and about to there reviews. We have different time to review some of the cpa board exam review in the early morning and me I review at the time of 3pm to 12am. After a month my dorm mates who is reviewing for the CPA board exam will now take there exam. They are very prepared for the exam, they wake up early and prepare there things. It’s just like a gladiator preparing his armor to fight on there courage and country.


At last the examination on CPA board exam is already finished. You can see the happiness of my dorm mates that they made it on the top but they must wait for the result after a week. You can see the expression of different face, some are very happy because they are sure to pass the exam but some are don't know what will happen to there exam. They are worried because the examination for them was very hard. 1 week pass and the result are publishing on the news papers. Some of my dorm mates shout for joy, screaming and laughing. Calling there love ones that they pass the exam. They thank God because God guide them to pass the exam. Unluckily some of my dorm mate did not pass the CPA Board exam. 6 months of studying, hardship and memorization but they did not pass the exam. They are crying and some just stare at the news paper and ask God why this is happen why I don't pass the exam and some say God i know that it is not my time. I will take again the exam and I will not loose hope to you God. I understand the feeling who failed in thre exam. I admit it I also failed on my last exam June 2006 for Officer in charge in Navigational watch. 2 months of study and sacrifice but i didn't pass the exam. All the passers decide to buy some food and drink for there celebration of passing the exam Pakain in short. We pray that we will be having a good life and guide as to our path. After we finish to pray kanya kanya na kami sa pagkain. We don't know each other kase pagkain na yun eh hehehe.



Guess what happened to me? After 2 months studying, reviewing in Glodenco Dormitory. Thank you very much God i pass the Officer in Charge in Navigational Watch licensure exam. I am now a deck officer, a Jr. 3rd mate officer. I will board my next vessel assignment this coming June. To all my dorm mates in Glodenco Dormitory i make a music video for us who make the sacrifice and achieve what we want to achieve. I hope you like this Music Video. See you after 3 years for my Board exam in Chief Officer Examination






AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster