My first time to see the snow.  

Saturday, February 16, 2008



We know that here in the Philippines we don’t have a winter. We just imagining it and sometime we go to star city to experience it. When I board my first ship assignment and when I was a cadet our voyage was US Virgin Island in Caribbean so lets just say that there’s no winter there and same here in the Philippines it’s because both country are Tropical islands. Our discharging ports are in West coast of United States in New York, New Haven, and Boston.

It’s was December and it’s very cold in that month when we are preparing the ropes and other equipment because we will be going along side after an hour. I see that there’s some ice on deck and the fire hydrant have ice on there couplings. It’s a negative 15 for the weather here in New Haven Connecticut. The pilot told to our captain that in 1500 hrs it will be a snowy weather. We moored the vessel at exactly 1200 hrs. My duty will be 1600 hrs so I prefer to sleep in my cabin because I’m so very tired. Then it’s already 1530 hrs and my alarm clock sounded. I woke up and take a peek in my port whole. I was shock because my sight was blurred. I tapped my eyes and look again in the port whole. I’m so happy that it is snowing already. I quickly fix myself for my duty. I wear my winter cloths and proceed to the manifold to relieve my crew mate. My crew mate told me that hey cadet now you seen a snow. I told to my crew mate yes and It is so wonderful. Then I ask to my crew mate do you think that ice and snow have same taste? My crew mate laugh and told me to go ahead taste it. So I taste it and I there for conclude that Ice and snow have the same taste hehehe.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster