Go ashore in Klaipeda  

Friday, June 13, 2008


May 31, 2008
To tell you frankly I don’t want to go out from the ship (shore leave). Almost all of my crew mate’s want are girls. These countries have super beautiful girls on earth. In seaman term we call all the girls here in Klaipeda are Barbie dolls. Super pretty and super cream skin and all of there hair are blond. I don’t know how much it will cost but I don’t have interest from that. What I want is to buy a mini car (hot wheels) to add to my collections. I really love to buy this car and bring home in the Philippines. I’m proud to show my friends that I have a collection of mini car and I bought it in other country that I’ve been thru.
Our ship was a Product tanker and we are loading unleaded gasoline. All of my crew mates are already goes ashore even the engr’s. are already went ashore. Luckily they did not pick up any Barbie girls out side because it’s Monday. They go ashore at Friday night searching for Barbie girls. The Taxi driver told them that there are many Barbie girls when it’s Saturday and Sunday. In that case I decided to go out to the last day in port. I was actually alone to go ashore and I asked for the sketch in the guy where aboard our ship selling mobile phones. He told me that I can ride bus number 6 to go to the biggest mall in town. You can buy my ticket bus because they don’t accept US dollars outside. You must change your money in the changing money in the mall. Then the motorman was planning to going out to so we decided to be bodies when going out. We walk about 300 meter from the ship to the bus stop. We enter the bus and we give the ticket to the bus driver and told us *&^%$#$%^&&*&…. (Nose bleeds). He doesn’t know how to speak in English so he just shows us that we must make a hole in our ticket in the ticket whole machine. After a couple of kilometers the bus load passenger in the street and guess what all of there hair was blonde. I think I and my crew mate, we’re the only passenger in the bus who has black hair. Now I see the Barbie dolls that my crew mates told to me but they are not a call girl. These Barbie dolls are the college girls and they look nice but one thing I notice to the entire passengers in the bus. They have (ang amuy grabe as in ang lalakas ng putok nila at saka ang baho nila). The weather is little bit cold.
We see the Akropolis billboard and that is the biggest mall in the town. We go down in the bus stop and my crew mate told me that he wants to go to the seamans club. I told him ok we go to the seamans club and after that we go to the mall. We walk and follow his map. Then we see a yellow building and this building have a sign baras. My crew mate told me that I think this is not a seaman club because it is baras means bar. So I just nod then my crew mate ask to the guys that if they know where is the seamans club (aglupos number 5). They told to us over there in the other street. We already walk about 15 minutes and still there is no sign of semans club until we reach a construction area and is very scary. We might kill in that area without noticing by police men. I told to my crew mate I think we are lost and maybe we just go to the mall and we already waste 30 minutes. He told me ok we go to the mall (bastard crew mate engot kasi eh nagdudunung dunungan kasi eh).
Then suddenly yung baras na nakita namin yun pala yung seamans club how engot talaga tong kasama ko. We enter the semans club and I change my 9 euro to litas (money of Klaipeda). 28 litas was the equivalent of my 9 euro. I keep the 10 litas paper money for souvenir. I ask if they have internet connection and they told me that it’s free of charge to use the internet in the 2nd floor. I run for joy because I can see my blog, friendster and especially to chat my wifey. After 30 minutes of surfing the net my crew mate told me that we can now back to the ship. I agree because I’m tired and I want to rest for a while before I go back to my duty. We are waiting on the bus stop then my crew mate told me that he wants to buy something. Then I asked I thought we will go back to the ship then now you want to buy something? I just control my self and agree to what my crew mate said to me. Then I remember that I have 18 litas left on my pocket. I can buy a souvenir. Then my crew mate told me that before he buys something he wants to know the price and convert it to US dollars so that he cannot waste his money. I agree to him and I say lets go, lets go inside the mall. Then he computes and converts all the items he wants to buy. Then ask me like this… Hey. Maybe I can borrow your litas money because the money changer is too far from here and we will not waste any time. I just say to my mind (*&&^$$^&%$#&^# I can’t buy what I want because he will borrow it). As a professional I just lend my money to him and he will just exchange his money later to return my litas money.
He buys what he wants and I cannot buy what I want. I just have 2 litas left good enough to buy mini cactus plant. When he give my money litas back I just told him that I want to eat in mc donalds. Great idea! We eat because I’m hungry for now. I order big mac with large fries and soda. My crew mate ordered just a cheese burger and regular coke and fries. He told me that it’s enough for him madali kasi syang mabusog. Sorry to say that we are having difficulty of ordering in the cashier. The Cashier lady doesn’t know how to speak in English. Luckily the manager knows how to speak in English but a little bit only.
After eating we go back to the ship and it’s time for dinner. Then my crew mate want to eat dinner in the mess hall then I asked him that I though you have enough for the cheese burger. He told me that I get hungry because we walk far. I just ignore him then my other crew mate told me that everybody in the ship don’t want with him when going ashore because kuripot daw and wala sa ayos kasama. On my part I see the kuripot and wala saayos side of my fellow crew mate. Next time when I go ashore I will not go out with him. It’s a lesson for me and I don’t want to destroy my next shore leave.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Go ashore in Klaipeda

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster