My journey Begins  

Friday, June 13, 2008



0200 hrs May 25, 2008, I woke up to prepare my self and pack all my things to join my next vessel assignment as senior deck cadet. The joining port is Le Harve France. I feel sad to leave our country and left someone behind (my wifey).
I arrive at the airport around 0300hrs. I was looking and searching to my crewmate in the airport. Half happy and half sad are playing to our minds. We board the plane at around 0630 hrs bound to Hong Kong via Cathay Pacific. The two of us are deeply thinking if we are happy no not. We just make our self busy while inside the plane to ease the sadness. New faces and new crewmate are waiting for us thinking if the harmonious relationships are ok onboard the ship.
After 1 hour and 45 minutes sitting inside the plane we arrive at the Hong Kong international airport around 0800 hrs gate 30. This is my third time to visit Hong Kong international Airport. Our next flight will be going to Le Harve France at 1000 hrs via Air France. We proceed to the ticketing booth of the Air France to claim our boarding pass. We walk from gate 30 to gate 35 to board the Air France Boeing 777. This is my first time to ride Air France and it’s really nice and comfortable inside the Plane. It takes us 12 hours traveling from Hong Kong to Le Harve France. The highest altitude of the plane was 40,000 feet and the speed over the ground is about 400 km/hr. The France and Hong Kong have 6 hours difference from each other. The zone description of the Hong Kong is -8 and France is -2.
We arrive in France International Air port at around 1800 hrs (France local time). The immigration in airport holds us for 2 hours to scan us and to give us Visa (transit visa last for 2 days). The agent pick us up in the immigration and told us that we will be staying over night in hotel because the ship is not yet arrived in there port in Le Harve. The ship will be arriving tomorrow morning (June 26, 2008 at 0400 hrs). It take us 2 hours and 30 minutes land travel going to hotel in the city and because of tiredness of long travel I just sleep in the car and I didn’t notice that we already arrive in the Hotel. We enter the hotel and the agent speak in French to the bell boy and the bell boy told us that we bring our things to our room and go back to him and he will prepare a dinner for us. (French dinner).

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ My journey Begins

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster