Port Of Klaipeda  

Friday, June 13, 2008


It was May 31, 2008 at 2100 hrs. Our master announced to all deck departments that we are all must be stand by fore and aft because the pilot was onboard Ruby express. It was Sunday and I don’t have a work for that day so the Able seaman knock my door located in c deck of the ship (4th floor) and told me that stand by fore and aft. I was on a hurry to fix my self and wear may coverall and proceed to forward. Bosun was see me walking on the deck going to forward. They already prepare our line and told me woow I thought I see a chief officer walking toward to us and smiled at me. I smiled and I was whispering that I don’t have work on Sunday but you can call me if you need additional man on deck.
We fast the line of tug boat in center lead of the our ship. We use starboard winch and put the heaving line in the cap stand to heave the tug line. After we made the tug line fast to the bitts the chief officer calls the bridge that tug fast center lead forward. We already in the jetty and the shore man (mooring guys on port) asked if what kind our lines are. We told them we have wire here but we are having difficult in communication because they don’t know how to speak in English. The mooring guys are having difficult in connecting our lines. They don’t know how to connect it to there bollard in jetty. It takes 2 hours in 1 rope and we already make some noise in the forward just to take there attentions. Our bosun shouts weeeee!!!!! And the Russian jetty man shouts on us on his language we think that the jetty men are angry to us. There total strength in the jetty was 9 person and they can’t think faster. The poop deck guys are already finished and they call the bridge that they already all made fast and lay down the fire wire. About the forward we are in stand by and watching the jetty guys what we are doing. The captain called the chief officer to proceed to the ships office because the surveyors and loading master are onboard the ship. The chief officer told to bosun that you are now in charge here. Even the able seaman was assigned in the poop deck was here in the forward to look what’s happening. The 2nd mate proceeds to the forward to be in charge of us but same as it is we just stare at the jetty man and make some noise to attract the attention of the jetty man.
After 4 hours of waiting at last we already all made fast forward we clap our hands and shout woow!! We can rest now (for the off duty). My duty was 6pm to 12 am and all fast was declared in 1230am so it means I’m safe for the day for my duty 6am to 12pm. The sun set here in Lithuania klaipeda was 1200 am and sun will rise on 4 am in the morning.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Port Of Klaipeda

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster