Abojeb Instructor in Super Ferry 1  

Saturday, April 19, 2008


We leave manila at 1800 hrs. I was in charge of teaching onboard super ferry for deck cadets and (SRC) Seaman rating course. Being an instructor is not an easy task. You must study all the subject matter when you are teaching to answer all the question of the students. The goal is to familiarize and discuss about the navigation subject in actual. I’m handling 26 cadets from AGRO and 50 cadets in Mindanao Polytechnic. 0800hrs. we gather all the cadets in the recreation area of Super Ferry one. The PMI manila was the freshmen in this voyage. We gave there plantilla and assignments while on board the Ship. While the agro and Mindanao Polytechnic was half session to there ship board training, we arrange all the groups and discus what we will do tomorrow morning. 2300hrs I go to the bridge to see if the cadets who are in duty are ok. They ask some question about the equipment in the bridge and how they can use it. I answer them in a clear and proper way so that they can understand it easily. After an hour I leave the bridge at I decide to go to sleep.

0900hrs 15 April 2008 I started to teach the Mindanao polytechnic and the AGRO cadets. We start from the familiarization of there Plantilla on how they will answer the given questions. I discuss on how they can distinguished the force of the sea and how they can understand the right procedure of proper bunkering. Everybody are listening to me because they want to learn something that they did not yet tackle when they are still in there schools. I want to have a class in the afternoon so I call the entire AGRO cadet and the Mindanao polytechnics to start our class. One of the cadets told me that the AGRO engineering’s are practicing for the graduation which will be this night. Then I change my mind and told my cadets that I will cancel the class and they can have there practice. So I dismiss my class and they shout for joy kasi walang pasok. I start to familiarize my self in super ferry 1. I walk to all decks of the super ferry. From the lowest part of the ship till the upper part

We call the cadets at 1930 hrs to prepare on there graduation. I collect all the evaluation forms and I will pass that evaluation forms in the office. That will be my grade in Jebsen when will I’ll be back to the Manila. We instructed some cadets to fix the chairs in Island fiesta. The cadets report to us that the island fiesta is ready to use. So they proceed in Island Fiesta by one line man. From opening remarks, sharing ideas of the cadets, you can feel that they are thankful that we teach them some knowledge in ship works. Every School has a surprise performance like the AGRO engine cadet. They Dance the Mr. Suave and we are laughing like a hell while they perform In front of us. Our senior announced that thank you very much on your performance cadets and now di naman papatalo ang mga instructor nyo kaya kakanta din sila. They clap there hand and shout that go go go sir. We finish the program at 2000 hrs and we told the cadets that they are allowed to have a disco but they are not allowed to drink beer.

I watch the entire cadet while they are having there celebration. I’m an instructor and I have the right to look at them for security purpose. 16th of April 2008, about 0900 hrs we gather the entire PMI cadet to have a class in Sundeck by 2nd officer Cornejo. I was assisting my senior while he is teaching. The ETA in Gensan is 1200 hrs and 2nd officer Cornejo teach of familiarize the cadets in maneuvering in entering port. We assign the entire PMI cadets to forward part of the ship so that they can see the forward mooring operation. The entire PMI cadets ask some question regarding to the parts and ideas in mooring maneuvering. I explain briefly and slowly to them the operation. After and hour of waiting the mooring operation starts. They are watching the forward group of the super ferry 1 and the cadets ask some question to me again and again and again. We stay at Gensan port about an hour and we proceed to the next port which is the Davao port.

We arrive at Davao port at 2200 hrs and we assist the cadets in going ashore. No smoking, No littering, and no spitting in the street. If the policemen see us doing this the policemen will bring us to jail. After an hour we go back to the ship, me and engr Pineda get our things to the ship because our last port is Davao. Our flight will be tomorrow (April 17, 2008) going back to manila by Cebu Pacific. I sign all the training certificate of the cadets and the PMI cadet says “Sir Goodbye sir and have a nice trip”. Friendly akong tao and malungkot ako pag umaalis ako sa isang lugar at iiwanan yung bagong kaibigan ko at hindi sigurado kung magkikita pa kami ulit. We arrive at the Hotel which is located in front of the pier at 0130 hrs. Our flight tomorrow will be 0730 hrs so we must wake up early about 0430 hrs to prepare our self and not to be late.

We arrive at the Davao International Airport and the airport was nice and beautiful. It’s much more advanced than the domestic airport in manila. After 1 hour and 30 minutes we arrive at Manila and report to Jebsen for our requirement and have a nice come back celebration in our house, Nice to be home again!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster