South Korea  

Sunday, April 20, 2008


I can’t remember the date that I’ve been in South Korea but its unforgettable experience if you will visit this country. It’s a winter session for the Korean when I visited this country. I don’t have the problem to adopt a cold weather because I really like winter session even there no winter session in the Philippines. I really like cold places and I want to feel the intense cold of this country. I don’t wear thick working cloth so I can feel the sting of the cold weather. They said that Korean girls are very pretty and I agree to that. From there TV channel and staring them when I’m going to shore, they are really pretty.

Our captain told us that he will be going ashore and he asked to us if we like to come with him. I raise my hand quickly as possible. I’m very excited to see the place outside. It’s much more different when you watch there television movies than see them in person. We go ashore at 2000hrs and we ride the service boat from our ship. It takes us 30 minutes to arrive in the shore. There are some Koreans outside that inviting us to there bar and its free transport going to the bar and going back to the service boat. Hollywood, Las Vegas disco bar was famous in Unsan Korea. They are famous to the Filipino seaman because they have a filipino girls who work there. After 20 minutes of traveling we arrive in Las Vegas and Holly wood bar. The Filipinas greet us Magandang gabi kabayan!. We Order some beer and guest what, libre ang pulutan, it’s a white, malutong na popcorn. We finish 2 bottles of beer about an hour. I and my crewmate decide to go out side without a coat. It’s 0 degree Celsius outside and we dare to each other that we will go out without our coat. My crewmates agree to me so we went out to the bar and roam around the city. We look some shoe store and it’s a branded name shoes and it’s very expensive. In the street we see a vendor. We look at her product of the vendor and I was so shocked. It’s a fried culture worm. My crewmate told me if I want a fried worm…. I told him that I don’t like a fried worm but can I taste it? My crewmate ask permission to the vendor like this “mama san can we taste the worm… only one” the vendor agree to taste the fried worm and I taste it. Taste like chicken! But even its taste like a chicken I still don’t buy the worm. Instead, I buy tuyung spicy pusit. After an hour roaming around the City we decided to go back in the bar because we will be coming back to the ship after 1 hour.

The time had come to go back to the ship as our captain required. Before we go inside to the service, the Filipinas who work there told us ingat kami at babalik kami. We just say yes we will go back but we don’t really know if we will be getting back to there place. We already back to the ship and I decide to wear my duty uniform because I will be having my duty after 30 minutes. It’s very windy and cold. I look at the temperature at the bridge and it’s a negative 19. It’s much colder that Boston which the lowest temperature in Boston is negative 18.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ South Korea

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster