Exotic pets.  

Monday, March 10, 2008


One of my favorite pets are belong to the exotic animal. Since I was a child I always dream of having a pet. Not a dog or cat? I don't want a simple pet but I want an exotic pet like white mice (scientific name Mus Musculus). For me they are so cute especially when you are eating a cheese near from the mice and if they smell the cheese they will come near to you and they will close there eyes and sniff the cheese in front of you. I have complete accessories to my white mice pets. I have there mini plastic house, plastic wood trunk, a water holder and a circle metal that they can run and have there exercise inside the cage. The white mice love to run all day long, they love obstacle courses. It's just like they don't have tiredness in running and playing. Sometimes they play at each other, they are just like human in fact they are belong to the mammal family like us. July 2006 I already when I aboard the ship. I bought a 4 pieces mice. 2 female white mice and 2 male mice and the 2 male mice have different color and bread. 1 male is spotted like a Dalmatian and the other male is a satin mice. The satin mice is much more big bread than the spotted mice, it have a long body and tail. This 2 couple mice (the spotted and the white one) aveve birth to a baby mice. They produce 8 pieces cute baby mice. The average litter is 6-9 mice. They are usually born at night and they are deaf, blind and hairless.

The gestation period is approximately 19 days. Mice can hear when they are about 11 days old, and will open their eyes and begin to nibble solid food when they are about 2 weeks old. The weaning age is 3-4 weeks with sexual maturity occurring at 5 to 7 weeks. The normal age of the female at her first litter could be as early as 4 weeks. The average life span is about 2 years.

Maintain the normal diet for the female during pregnancy and for 10 days following birth. Double the dry food mixture after the tenth day and continue through the twentieth day. Triple the dry food mixture and double the fresh food diet for the female and her young on the twenty-first day.

The mother of the 8 cute mice clean, breast feed and always takes care of the 8 mice’s. When the mother of the mice what to eat the father will take over cleaning and taking care of the baby mice’s. It's just like a human who are taking care of his baby when the mother is not around. In cross breeding the spotted and white mice it produce plain white, spotted and pure black mice. That is the negative in cross breeding different colors of mice. It will produce a black one but even it is black or any other color i still love my pet. There are signs if the black mice is a cross bread or a house black mice. If the white mice are cultured of bread the palm of the mice is white and the nose is longer than the house mice.

I leave the Philippines because of my work. I leave my pets i really miss my pets when I'm in the ship. After 5 months working hard in ship i decided to call in the Philippines and ask what happens to my pets. My father told me that great news you already have a 90 pieces mice here in the Philippines. I'm so happy to hear that they are ok and they over populated in just 5 months. A pair of mice can produce a 8 to 12 pieces of mice in just in 2 weeks and they can produce a 18 to 24 mice in one month. So in 10 pair you can have so many mice that you've ever dream.

Until now i still have my mice and i always play them, I love my mice; they are so cute and cuddly. Spotted, plain white, satin, black they are all special to me.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Exotic pets.

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster